1. The SANA Badge Scheme, which started in 1977, impacts more than 5,000 youths a year. This programme is a half-day motivational workshop for secondary school students from the uniformed groups. The workshop gives them information on illegal drugs, the harmful consequences of drug abuse and how to lead healthy lifestyles without relying on substances. The course ends with an online assessment. Upon completion, they each receive a customised SANA Badge.
2. In 2016, SANA has revamped the course, in order to engage our youths with the community. The badge name in general is now known as SANA Ambassador. Hence, St John Brigade will now rename its badge as "Anti-Drug Ambassador". We hope through the renaming of this badge, it gives an opportunity for our cadets to be advocates to spread the importance of staying drug-free.
COURSE DURATION & VENUE
1. The SANA Course will be a half-day course comprising the following timings:
- AM Session: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- PM Session: 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm
2. The course will be held at St John Headquarters (unless otherwise stated). Schools are to refer to the announcements in the CPB website and/or emails sent by the CPB Committee.
1. Participants are expected to be dressed in their school attire with St John T-shirt / School T-shirt. Participants are also to bring along their writing materials and enough money for lunch.
2. Schools are to ensure that there are teachers / officers accompanying the participants at the course venue to take care of attendance and discipline. Schools without accompanying officers / teachers will be taken care by SANA instructors and other officers / teachers present.
BOOKING PROCEDURES & COURSE FEES
The course fee is $2.00 per per participant. Please refer to Course Booking at the navigation menu for more information on booking procedures and payment modes.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD OF CERTIFICATES
1. Participants upon completing the course organised by SANA and St John, will proceed to answer the online questions via the Learning Management System (LMS) Portal.
- Teachers & Students) may access the LMS Portal HERE.
2. Upon completing the questions and passed the online assessment, participants will be awarded the eCertificates. Students can print or save the certificate for the record keeping.
APPLICATION FOR CADET PROFICIENCY BADGE
The CPB Committee will award the proficiency badge via St John Portal based on the passed list provided by SANA HQ.
Please direct your questions regarding the SANA Course to your respective Zone CPB officers.