Information Updated 1 January 2021
1. The SANA Badge Scheme, which started in 1977, impacts more than 5,000 youths a year. This programme is a half-day motivational workshop for secondary school students from the uniformed groups. The workshop gives them information on illegal drugs, the harmful consequences of drug abuse and how to lead healthy lifestyles without relying on substances. The course ends with an online assessment. Upon completion, they each receive a customised SANA Badge.
2. In 2016, SANA has revamped the course, in order to engage our youths with the community. The badge name in general is now known as SANA Ambassador. Hence, St John Brigade will now rename its badge as "Anti-Drug Ambassador". We hope through the renaming of this badge, it gives an opportunity for our cadets to be advocates to spread the importance of staying drug-free.
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
The badge programme has been converted to self-study module. To achieve the badge, participants must pass the online assessment administered by the CPB Committee.
The fee is $2.50 per per participant who passed the online assessment. Registration for the online assessment will open based on the schedule stated in the CPB Calendar, and an email will be sent out by the CPB committee to notify on the start of registration for the course.
Cadets who passed the online assessment will be awarded the badge by the CPB committee at the St John Portal. No further action is required from schools / districts.
ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
COURSE DURATION & VENUE
1. The SANA Course will be a half-day course comprising the following timings:
- AM Session: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- PM Session: 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm
2. The course will be held at SANA Headquarters (unless otherwise stated). Schools are to refer to the announcements in the CPB website and/or emails sent by the CPB Committee.
1. Participants are expected to be dressed in their school attire with St John T-shirt / School T-shirt. Participants are also to bring along their writing materials and enough money for lunch.
2. Schools are to ensure that there are teachers / officers accompanying the participants at the course venue to take care of attendance and discipline. Schools without accompanying officers / teachers will be taken care by SANA instructors and other officers / teachers present.
BOOKING PROCEDURES & COURSE FEES
The course fee is $2.50 per per participant. Booking will open based on the schedule stated in the CPB Calendar, and an email will be sent out by the CPB committee to notify on the start of registration for the course.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD OF CERTIFICATES
1. Participants will complete the course and online assessment on the same day, administered by the programme facilitators.
2. Participants will be awarded certificates and badges on the same day.
APPLICATION FOR CADET PROFICIENCY BADGE
The CPB Committee will award the proficiency badge via St John Portal based on the passed list provided by SANA HQ.
Please direct your questions regarding the SANA Course to your respective District CPB officers. Thank you.